6 months ago, I wrote the blog post "JSPP - Morph C++ into Javascript". My supervisor at the LRDE (R&D Lab of EPITA), Didier Verna, found it interesting and told me that it could be worth a publication. With his great help, I've written my first article. We have submitted it to two conferences (one after the other) and received two refusals.

Overall, the reviewers said the article was well written and the implementation interesting but since it has no practical use, it does not deserve a publication.

Even if it didn't make it, I'm really proud of the article. If you are interested in the implementation of JSPP, it can be an enlightening read 🙂

Download PDF

(For copyright issue, this is not the submitted version of the file. There are still some minor wording issues)

If you liked this article, you might be interested in my Twitter feed as well.
 
 

Related Posts

  • October 5, 2011 Javascript Presentation (1)
    The talk is over. Check out the Slides & Video. For several months now I've been surveying my friends and teachers at EPITA and I came to the conclusion that they have absolutly no idea what Javascript really is. In order to help them discover a language that is getting a lot of […]
  • April 5, 2012 Climb – Property-based dispatch in functional languages (1)
    ELS Presentation | A Generic and Dynamic Approach to Image Processing | Chaining Operators & Component Trees | Property-based dispatch in functional languages This is the third (and last) presentation about my work on Climb at the LRDE. During the first one I tackled genericity […]
  • October 26, 2011 Javascript Presentation – Slides & Video (2)
    I've done the Javascript presentation. It went alright and I hope that I taught things to people. I'm sorry for my blog reader but it's in French :) Few remarks: The code in the slide was not big enough, people in the back couldn't read it. It also appears crappy in the […]
  • August 23, 2011 Javascript – Hook Technique (5)
    Let's go back 5 years ago during the World of Warcraft beta. I was working on Cosmos UI, a projects that aimed to improve the World of Warcraft interface. As interface modification was not officially supported by Blizzard, we went ahead and directly modify the game files written in […]
  • November 5, 2011 Simulated Annealing Project (0)
    For a school project, I have to implement Simulated Annealing meta heuristic. Thanks to many open source web tools, I've been able to quickly do the project and have a pretty display. CoffeeScript, Raphael, Highcharts, Three.js, Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery and Web […]